 Off-Topic / Debate / 23548
23547  |  23549
Subject:
Marriage (was: Re: Yet another push for thoughtful legislation from Tennessee)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:22:37 GMT

   This all seems so blindingly obvious to me, I confess I find the whole gay marriage debate rather confusing. What is there to debate?

When you speak about the issue in terms of contract recognition, sure it seems obvious. But doesn’t this seem painfully obvious as well: men and women are not the same. The are not simply humans with irrelevant, interchangable reproduction appendages. There are distinctive, innate qualities to each sex. Merely because they have equal rights doesn’t mean they are the same. Isn’t that obvious? And isn’t it obvious that the ideal situation in which to raise a child involves 1 man and 1 women?

JOHN