 Off-Topic / Debate / 23551
Re: Marriage (was: Re: Yet another push for thoughtful legislation from Tennessee)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:59:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Wayne McCaul wrote:

   And isn’t it obvious that the ideal situation in which to raise a child involves 1 man and 1 women?

JOHN

Why?

First, I am not saying that 2 men or 2 women can’t raise a family. What I am asking is: All things being equal, is it better that a child has a mother? All things being equal, is it better that a child has a father? Each sex is unique, each brings a completely different perspective to child-raising. Those differences compliment each other. ideally, 2 men or 2 women cannot provide the superior care given by 1 man and 1 woman.

I think it is particularily selfish to willingly deny a child a mother or a father. They have the right to both.

JOHN