 Off-Topic / Debate / 23537
Re: Yet another push for thoughtful legislation from Tennessee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:58:34 GMT

Hmmm, I have to agree with you, Dave! Here is the problem.

Okay, so you have a group of bigots. They have every right to be bigotted (let’s for the sake of argument forsake any governmental affiliations here) and live in their bigotted world. So why do groups such as the ACLU constantly swoop in and stir the pot? If pluralism is valued, why is it only when the values agree with their agenda? It’s always “tolerance, tolerance, tolerance” except regarding the intolerant. Then it’s intolerance and lawsuits.

JOHN

Easily answered: because said bigots are trying to limit the freedom of those that they are bigoted against. If, say, a community that was a majority of Gays attempted to ban Christian fundamentalists from their community (“They aren’t wanted here”) the self-same ACLU would swope down to the defense of the Fundamentalists.

And why is it that the only time conservatives preach tolerance is when they want to justify their own intolerance?

-->Bruce<--