 Off-Topic / Debate / 20187
Re: Iran: For peace in the region? No! For a piece *of* the region...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:56:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Leonard Hoffman writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Leonard Hoffman writes:
Iran is a threat to peace everywhere, democracy or not.

whoa.. a comment like that needs some evidence.

Funding for terrorists... would that count? Trying to get nuclear weapons...
Would that count?

US has funded terrorists (including Osama), and currently has nuclear
weapons.  terrorists aren't good, sure.  But if trying to get nuclear
weapons is so bad, why is owning more than anyone else not bad?  and if
you're gonna say something like Iran is a rogue state, they haven't thumbed
world opinion the same way the US has.

Actually I just learned from a previous post that you are a "booklet
historian(1)" but I strongly agree on that one, and I wonder why an average
American cannot see that one as obviously as any other non-American can see.
US always declaring things as evil, rightly so in most of the cases, but
have not even the slightest intention of judging who is the biggest evil
around, even with the "criteria of being evil" of hers.

Selçuk

(1) If I were you, I would not attempt bold statements based on books from
the education years past, without any supporting evidence obtained from
sources close to the target, as you already mentioned in a previous post
that you prefer doing so.