 Off-Topic / Debate / 20188
Re: Are you in or are you out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 16:21:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Spencer Nowak writes:
US prison population peaks
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/2925973.stm

Draw your own conclusions, but negative comparisons to Russia and China is
not normally perceived to be a good thing.

Would you rather have those criminals runing the streets? or should they
just be executed?

  You're right--I live in constant fear that a guy with a nickel-bag of pot
is going to smoke near me.  And those poverty-level criminals are much more
dangerous than wealthier (and, therefore, acquittable) criminals.
  The racial disparity of the prison population is sufficient cause on its
own to question the justice of the justice system, and there are countless
other reasons to question the system, too.

     Dave!