 Off-Topic / Debate / 23116
Re: Iran: For peace in the region? No! For a piece *of* the region...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:01:04 GMT

Much snippage..

Not very democratic at all, despite trappings. In some ways, more dishonest
(since it fools the gullible, even here) than an out an out thugocracy like
Syria.

Nothing's changed my view on that:

http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?objectID=2D48A6D9-A2AD-4B90-9592A6386FA9EFDE

Iran is a threat to peace everywhere, democracy or not.

Nothing's changed my view on that either:

http://www.cdi.org/terrorism/menukes.cfm (older but good)
http://www.spacewar.com/2004/040114151705.1ujxu1f9.html (today)

(Note that pointing out that they're not the only threat to peace doesn't refute
that they are one. Note that pointing out that their nuke program started under
our guy, the Shah, doesn't refute that they still want nukes. Note that pointing
out that Israel almost certainly has nukes doesn't refute that Iran funds
Hamas... etcetera etcetera etcetera)