 Off-Topic / Debate / 19113
Re: Brick Testament in Trouble?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:24:43 GMT

Call it "art", and you can do what you like! ;)

I'm glad you put a winky there-- that is one of my hot buttons-- "artists"
hiding behind the First Amendment while they purvey filth and obscenity-- and
then *I* have to support it! (NEA in the US)

It's funny how differently we see things.  I see these artists not as "hiding
behind the First Amendment," but insted standing on the shoulders of the giants
who made the First Amendment so and proudly declaring their work in the Land Of
The (mostly/often) Free.

Even when I don't like the work, it's nice to live in a place and time where
people are allowed to challenge norms!

But I agree you shouldn't be a forced patron.

Chris (who sometimes likes filth and obscenity -- at least by JOHN's standards)