 MediaWatch / 973
Re: Brick Testament in Trouble?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 02:47:12 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Richard Marchetti writes:
Hey, seriously...

What is going on with this stuff?  Does the community need to rally support
for Mr. Smith?

I appreciate the concern, but I don't have any reason to believe that
anything in that article is anything close to the truth.  From what I could
tell, it was first published on 9 February, so if there was actually some
move on behalf of The LEGO Company's lawyers to shut down my website, I'm
fairly sure it's something I would have been notified about by now through
other means.

As others have pointed out, it would also make Senior Vice President of LEGO
Direct Brad Justus's words to me at the BricksWest Q&A session seem very
specious in retrospect.  While he certainly not give any sort of
*endorsement* to my website, he did say that the LEGO Company is not
"against" it, as some have incorrectly suspected (such as, it seems, The
Sunday Mail).

Looking at the dates, it's possible that the Sunday Mail article prompted
Brad's comments in the first place, but that's mere speculation.  I think
what we have on our hands here is just another case of terrible British
sensationalist journalism.

-Rev. Smith