 MediaWatch / 978
Re: Brick Testament in Trouble?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:59:06 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Mark Sandlin writes:
What's this?

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/page.cfm?objectid=12621793&method=full&siteid=86024

Is there any truth to this, or is this just the UK equivalent to the Weekly
World News?

~Grand Admiral

This is ridiculous.

Although I'm not a fan of the Brick Testaments or Brendan Powell Smith
himself, I find that this issue is brainless.  A LEGO website that recreates
a respected book throughout the world shouldn't be treated as such.  I'm
sure it's all a big joke anyway.

I couldn't care less about Bible stories.  Though Brendan's work is
spectacular, it's still religious, so I'm staying away.  That's not to say I
wish it would disappear.  I respect his right to do whatever he wants with
his LEGO and beliefs.  I hope people will respect his right to freedom of
speech in this affair.  He has every right to tell those Bible stories with
LEGO bricks.

Terry