 Off-Topic / Debate / 19106
Re: Brick Testament in Trouble?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:32:06 GMT

they see their brand being portrayed in a way they don't like, I think they
have every right to act to stop it.

Grumble.  Well, your assessment is correct (based on precedent), but I
still don't like it!
Here's a more abstract question--if I buy a LEGO product, am I
automatically entering into a "fair use" contract respecting TLG's ideas of
propriety?

At what point do I agree to their "fair use" policy? When I purchase a
product, as long as I am not violating any copyright, or patent issues where
does TLC have any sway over how I use these products. I sign no agreement at
time of purchase, They don't even have those goofy agreements like on
software where I cannot open the item without looking over the agreement.
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't my laying down my hard earned cash make
me the sole owner of these products? I can understand TLC's urging or
requesting my compliance, but I see absolutely no legal ground for this type
of stand, irregardless of product usage.

Scott