 Off-Topic / Debate / 17462
Re: Durned Telemarketers!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:56:26 GMT

We don't get very many telemarketing calls at all.  Why?  We know the
magic words:
        "Put us on your do not call list."

If you say this to every telemarket who calls you, you will find that
the frequency of telemarketing drops off precipitously, to the point
where the one or two remaining that call once in a while don't bother
you much.

But if you do not say those exact words, they will keep calling.  Do
not rephrase it in any way.  "Put us on your do not call list."

--Bill.

                      Verbing weirds language.  --Calvin