 Off-Topic / Debate / 17461
Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 02:31:37 GMT

A Metro would likely explode, and HE vehicles are already HE, there's not a whole lot more
you can squeeze out of them.

I'll stick with my overpowered monster that has better than stock efficiency,
thankyouverymuch ;-)

William R Ward wrote:

OK, so can catch up or even exceed many high efficiency cars by
enhancing your sports car.  But what if you made the same
modifications to a Geo Metro or other high efficiency vehicle?

--Bill.

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> writes:
Psh.  You don't know the sports car owners *I* do.

I use my car several levels higher than it was intended ;-)

While putting out over 1.5 times the stock horspower, I actually get BETTER gas
mileage than stock (making more power generally requires increasing efficiency, which
equals better mpg when your foot isn't in it).

How much do you want to bet that my SPORTS car gets better mpg and burns cleaner than
at least 75% of the cars owned by people in this group?   Don't take that bet unless
you are willing to cough up some Lego.  Even my wife's SPORTS car, tired as it is at
140K miles, just smogged at 5ppm/7ppm last month.

Don't make ASSumptions about sports cars or pigeonhole them into some treehuggers
nightmare category without doing some research.

William R Ward wrote:

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> writes:
Although they should be SHOT for combining sports cars with SUVs as a vehicle
choice - the type of person that buys an SUV is NOTHING like a sports car owner.

I dunno ... they're both woefully inefficient and useless, wasting
lots of gasoline and polluting the environment, and are almost never
used for their supposedly intended purposes, but rather are used just
for commuting or getting around town most of the time...

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/

                      Verbing weirds language.  --Calvin