 Off-Topic / Debate / 17482
Re: Durned Telemarketers!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:09:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message
Like everyone else in the electrically-civilized world, I am plagued by a
nightly torrent of telemarketers plying their various wares.

Just change 'the electrically-civilized world' bit to 'America' please.
I've lived in Ireland for a few years, and in Holland the rest of my life
(30+ years) and I've yet to receive my first telemarketing call.....
Maybe it's because local calls aren't free overhere?

  As far as I'm aware, businesses in the US are charged for local calls, and
in any case many telemarketing firms operate nationwide.  But you've hit on
the solution to my problem--I just have to move to Holland.

     Dave!