 Off-Topic / Debate / 17479
Re: Durned Telemarketers!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 18:15:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:
<snip>

I believe our governor (Illinois) recently vetoed such a bill because it
'wasn't strong enough' and allowed too many exemptions.  I think these
state-run do not call lists (with penalties) are a good thing (and are long
overdue).  BUT, I hope that people take the time to urge their state
senators to press for an absolute do not call list - NO phone solicitations,
profit or non, political or non.  Perhaps there could be two lists - one for
people who want the non-profit and political calls, one for people who don't
want any.

...the same should go for junk mail, and enforceable spam (spam that
originates in the US)

I want all of my incoming communication to be nothing other than personal,
governmental, or non-soliciting communication from business whose services I
am currently using.

-Tim

Agreed on all points, but I'll take whatever I can get to begin with. I can
only hope that political and non-profit phone solicitations will be brought
under the same restrictions at a later date.

Now, if I could just get rid of TV commercials.... :-)

-Duane