 Off-Topic / Debate / 17455
Re: Durned Telemarketers!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:51:40 GMT

Like everyone else in the electrically-civilized world, I am plagued by a
nightly torrent of telemarketers plying their various wares.  We've signed
up at a state-run no-calls-please website set up here in Pennsylvania to
block calls through some arcane mechanism or other, so most of the calls
should in theory grind to a halt.  But for the rest, how about this solution:

[snip]

I figure that if we all undertake this simple step we'll be a lot richer,
and we'll bankrupt the telemarketing industry overnight!  And maybe I can
get rid of my student loans in the process...

Sweet!

But then shouldn't you remove yourself from no-calls-please thing?

Actually, it would be kind of cool to hear the legal reasons why this won't
really work.

Chris