 Off-Topic / Debate / 17450
Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:32:00 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Aaron West writes:
Aren't you the guy that opens the 3-packs of underwear in the store, switch
them so that your selected pack contains only black underwear, place the
unwanted colors in the remaining packages and then buy the black 'uns?????

Yeah, that is weird that you remember that...

I think the image in my mind went something like this, "Marchetti, Hop-Frog,
Black Undies..."  That is a picture no one is likely to forget.  Ribbit!  So
I suppose your case is the truest of the "it's not easy being green" cases.
Hmm?

I still can't figure out the hubbub over that one -- the packs are all
random colors anyway, and I am not damaging or stealing anything.
Everything remains in perfectly sellable condition and none would be the
wiser as to what I had done even if they looked for it.  All the other
buyers still get the colors and numbers of underwear they see in the
package, just like me -- I just like all black or charcoal.

I think it just had something to do with the sanctity of the undergarment,
somewhat taboo and you are touching mine!?!  And you don't even hold a
verified "inspected by" number!  I just avoid the red/green shades.  And if
you need even MORE of that "too much info", Richard, avoid white pants...

And I am not above switching out a bad tomato or two from those plastic six
packs of tomatoes in the produce aisles either.  I guess some people would
assert that I am supposed to accept the bad tomatoes in the package as part
of the intended package for sale -- that's the deal, take it or leave it.

I agree, you should not be forced to purchase inferior quality for the sake
of a better/bulk price.  But then for those of us who do buy tomatoes, we
know that those in the package are the unripe variety or are selected
because they are pretty.  If you do wish for superior quality, buy them on
the vine or as singles.  DO NOT get the fuzzy ones.

I guess I am just a jerk that way...and some people need lithium to smooth
out the rough patches in their self-denigrating ethical systems.  Me, I just
want a good deal.

I recently purchased the large Mega Blocks Dragons Fortress only to find
that it was missing the red dragon head.  Instead of returning it, I chose
to email the company for a replacement.  I have been waiting three weeks.
Similar missing parts in my LEGO purchases have been replaced within a week
from contact.  LEGO has spoiled us for trust and satisfaction.  If only all
companies worked like TLC.  Their quality and satisfaction levels are
something that even the coolest of MB sets cannot touch.

I've run across situations where I must return an opened item at the
original store of purchase and no questions were asked.  It seems that since
Kmart declared trouble and went hard line on return policy, many other
chains have also gone hard line.  They lump good customers in with
criminals, so the good customer must adapt and declare that the item is
unused to avoid being singled out and achieve satisfaction.  Stores are not
encouraging honesty that way are they?  Most times I only resolve the issue
with the manufacturer, at least when I can.  Otherwise I must become
creative to play by their rules.

-- Hop-Frog

Happy hopping,
-Aaron-