 Marketplace / Shopping / 9808
Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:48:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jonathan M. Johnson writes:
Doesn't LEGO have a number to call if you're missing pieces?  Though,
I called it about my original Mindstorms set and have never received
those straight axle connectors that they promised to send me...

About a month ago, I purchased a 7163 Gunship at a TRU in Douglaston, NY. It
was on clearance (red-stickered) because it had been opened and re-taped
shut. They wanted $49.99 for it. I asked if I could open it to verify how
complete it was. They told me I could buy it, open it there in the store,
and if I didn't want it, they'd give me the refund for up to 30 days, but
wouldn't let me open it without buying it. Fair enough, I thought. So I
bought it. It was missing bag #1 of 9, everything else was there. I took it
home, called Lego customer service, and a complete bag #1 was in my hands in
less than a week.

Lego is outstanding when it comes to this kind of thing. I almost felt
guilty but hey, the Gunship MISB shouldn't cost $90.

-Mikey