 Marketplace / Shopping / 9786
Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:46:43 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Frank Filz writes:
Maybe TRU got tired of getting returned Slave Is which had the Boba Fett
minifig removed? Maybe they got tired of folks returning Target
clearance items.

Well, today at Wal-mart the issue was the return of an MB Blok Bots Spy set.
This is a $13 item that was missing parts -- I can't imagine why they had to
give me grief about it.

You'd be surprised how often MB sets are gone through for certain elements.
It makes me mad on three levels now: the first is that someone steals the
elements that make the set interesting in the first place; the second is
that most stores in my area do not clearance an open set (which might make
it worth buying if the price is right -- never happens!), and now the third
is that a buyer could get burned if s/he is foolish enough to buy such an
opened set in good faith.

Bad PR for sure...

-- Hop-Frog

Patient: Doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I lift my are like this.

Doctor: Then don't lift your arm like that.

Hop-Frog,

Right or wrong, I suggest you do not buy non-MISB sets that are at full
retail, or ask that you can inspect the contents at the courtesy counter
before you make the purchase.

Jude

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.