 Marketplace / Shopping / 9801
Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:42:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Jude Beaudin writes:
Right or wrong, I suggest you do not buy non-MISB sets that are at full
retail, or ask that you can inspect the contents at the courtesy counter
before you make the purchase.

Well, of course.

But the blanket policy at Wal-mart may effect other kinds of returns as well.

And TLC quality control is way down in my estimation -- how happy would you
be to not have an entire bag of stuff that was supposed to be in an MISB set
(this has happened to people several times as reported on Lugnet, and
someone mentioned this very thing elsewhere in this thread)?  Sure, if you
can list every item in question you can doubtless get them from TLC -- but
they have weird policies too.  I had a replacement issue with some approx.
20 miniheads with that castle polybag of last year or so, TLC had to send me
an envelope for the return heads and then after some weeks I received better
printed heads.  No exactly a speedy process, although I will admit
satisfactory results by the end.  Point being: if your parts wanted from TLC
customer service exceeds some number, the process becomes a lot more
tedious. A handful of elements is not usually a problem.

I think they just wanted to make quite sure that you were not getting heads
for free.  Or something like that...
-Aaron-