 Marketplace / Shopping / 9799
Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:58:16 GMT

We've been down this road before, and I can see almost everyone's viewpoint.
Which is the best solution is hard to say.  However, to protect yourself, you
should always ask (1) if you can open the box in the store to inspect the
contents (some Walmarts and TRUs have allowed me to do this).  (2) You could
ask if they could give you a special return authorization, even if it's a note
and signature on the receipt.  One Walmart rep. has done this for me, as I too
have been disturbed by the lack of 'respect' others have for store merchandise
(and again, I don't think it is the 'kids' as much as we'd like to think).

And if they won't do either, don't buy it.

P.S.  I've taken some sets to customer service, and they have said they would
pull it from the shelf, etc.  However, return trips find the same items back
where they were, hoping for a buyer who won't check them out.

Just my two 'sense' :O)