 Marketplace / Shopping / 9798
Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:25:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Troy Cefaratti writes:
The upside to this is that more items are being clearanced at the stores, as
they have no way of sending them back to Lego.  I guess the news just hasn't
filtered down to all the store employees yet.  Of course, that assumes that
the information I have is correct, which I believe it to be, but you never
know....

Troy

Yes and no...  a place that I frequent now and then (independent & not part of
any chain) is getting large quantities of 'damaged and returned' merchandise
from various large retailers (e.g. Target, WM, KM, Sears, etc). I have obtained
various Lego sets there at quite good prices, but usually the sets have been
opened and played with, so there is no guarantee that all the pieces are
present. One set that seems to show up there more often than others (i.e.
several times thus far) is the 7127 Imperial AT-ST. My first assumption was
that they were being pilfered for Chewbaca, but so far all have that fig
present. It is my impression that the large chains would just as soon dump the
stuff in bulk lots and take the writedown, then keep it in the store.

Ray