 Marketplace / Shopping / 9781
Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:57:31 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:
But here's the deal: both stores have told me that they have policies
against receiving Lego, Mega Bloks, and the like for return -- at Wal-mart
they seemed to have a blanket refusal in place, while at TRU they had a set
cost limit that factored in.  Wal-mart tried to tell me this nonsense this
very afternoon at lunch.  I asserted myself and insisted that my purchase
was based on the good faith assumption that item was complete and that I
felt absolutely within my rights to insist on a refund for an incomplete
item purchased at full retail cost.  I suggested that if they could not
stand behind the product 100% to be complete then they should either
clearance the item "as is" or remove the item from stock (I mean, these
items were no longer factory sealed, right?) -- but that in no case was I at
fault for purchasing the item in good faith as complete.  In this instance
they agreed to an exchange.

Maybe TRU got tired of getting returned Slave Is which had the Boba Fett
minifig removed? Maybe they got tired of folks returning Target
clearance items.

I can see a store not accepting returns of an opened construction toy.
There is no way they can verify it's completeness if the return is
because "it was too hard for my son to build."

I agree though, they should slap an "sold as is" sticker on an opened
box if they will not accept it's return.

Frank