 Off-Topic / Debate / 11836
Re: Flag Burning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 20:00:17 GMT

And before the zealots start screaming, note that Larry stated libertarianism
(SMALL l) is on the rise, not Libertarianism.  Big difference, as has been noted
before.

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Out of curiosity, what do you and Larry mean when you say 'wrong?'

I don't think things have got quite to the point of needing to burn the flag
just yet. I see it as such a disrespectful statement that it's only one
small step from armed rebellion. The excesses and oppressions of our
government haven't yet gotten so bad that we are at that point. And I still
have hope for turnaround in the US. Remember, libertarianism is on the rise,
worldwide, in my view.

++Lar