 Off-Topic / Debate / 10654
Re: what do you think of editorals regarding the environment?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:49:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:

It's just infertility. It would suck and all, don't get me wrong, but it's • not
like gouging their eyes out.

  But from an evolutionary standpoint, the denial of genetic lineage is a
far greater crime than the gouging out of eyes.

I suppose.  But so what?  The individuals are the ones who'll feel the pain in
either case, and I think most people would rather have their eyes than their
eggs.

In your mind maybe.  To me and my wife, we'd MUCH rather have our sight than • kids
;-)  I spent $4K for laser surgery just to correct my badly nearsight vision, • and I
haven't regretted it for a second.

So far, I think I'm winning.  I've spent more than double that just on private
schooling for my son...and he's six.  :-)

Chris