 Off-Topic / Debate / 10653
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:43:53 GMT

What's not pretty about that?  The web page, the Ociania complex, or the idea
of people building sovreignty on the seas?

The complex.

I think that if it were real, it would be technologically nifty...but I guess I
agree that it's not really attractive.  I would hope to see them do better if
they actually got something off the ground...err, shore.

But while I'm at it, Ociania -- if it were a reality -- rocks!

In your opinion.

Well, yeah.

I expect it would be full of the elderly nouveaux riche
hoping to avoid paying tax. I expect there would be others their too hoping
to exploit “freedoms” which are thankfully illegal in most other civilised
places. What do you think?

I guess I agree with the gist, though I'd phrase it differently.

Actually, I'd just remove the word "thankfully" from your text and I'd agree
completely if you were describing the main chunk of folks.  There would also,
of course, be lots of people who don't fit that bill.

Chris