 Off-Topic / Debate / 10605
Re: what do you think of editorals regarding the environment?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 05:25:16 GMT

What I think about this editorial can't really be described in words
appropriate for this forum, but this guy's constant use of negative
adjectives to describe a group of people concerned about taking action in
situations that don't involve their own selfish needs is a pretty clear
indication that he's not an open-minded individual.  He's probably one of
these ***holes who thinks it's everyone's right to have seventeen children
if they want to, regardless of the economic stress such huge families place
on the dwindling resources on this planet.  If human beings were smart
enough to exercise population control, we wouldn't have to worry about a
jerk-off like this arguing for the continued destruction of old growth
forests just so his thirty-three grandchildren can have a place to live.

Dave

Christopher Tracey <ctracey@enviroweb.org> wrote in message
This syndicated column appear in today's issue of the Toledo Blade:
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell052401.asp

I have never before in my life seen such misunderstanding and
miscommunication of facts in a single editorial.  Disregarding the
authors philosphical points, he has almost (and potentially zero) no
grasp of basic scientific concepts- most notably the concept of forest
succesion.

Enough of my thoughts for now.  I'm curious to know what other people
think of this editorial.  Do you believe any of it?  Does it color your
views?  Should facts be checked in opinion pieces?

I'm interested in discussing this, I think we all could learn something
from it.

-chris