 Off-Topic / Debate / *21591 (-20)
  Re: Who is going to take the fall?

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:HI2ppH.205L@lugnet.com... (...) You're making this far more complicated than it needs to be. I say no one will take the fall. They will start stamping shiny, new Comemmorative Silver (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Let's beat him with 700 clubs

(...) I definitely agree that people can listen to whatever they want (though it's a shame that Pat doesn't feel the same way). However, I question whether he (as head of the Christian Coalition (of the willing?) truly has no power. Within the last (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Republicans tend to spend the Federal budget into hideous deficits while cutting useful[1] social programs, so that any subsequent tax that Democrates apply to restore such programs can be villified as "tax-and-spend" liberals. [1] I know, I (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Let's beat him with 700 clubs

Well, at least he's not actually in a position of any real power. You can't prevent people from choosing what they want to listen to or regard as a valuable resource. I know Pat Robertson is painfully offensive for many of us, but you will find a (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Who is going to take the fall?

(...) Naw. When everyone is pointing fingers at each other it's hard to single out the most culpable person, so they all get sent to their rooms early and without any dinner -- but that's it! Which is to say, that everyone is taking on a little (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: All the fake news, all the time...

(...) <snip> I loved The Daily Show! But alas, I cancelled my extended cable package and no longer get Comedy Central. Dave K (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  All the fake news, all the time...

NOW: In Depth Transcript -- Bill Moyers Interviews Jon Stewart (URL) Stewart: Well, that's interesting. Well, that's a difference of opinion, and certainly that's what this country is about. Differences of opinion. Mr. President, let me just get (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Who is going to take the fall?

Let's place some bets-- I say it's Cheney: (URL) troubles me is not that single episode, but the broader pattern of dishonesty and delusion that helped get us into the Iraq mess -- and that created the false expectations undermining our occupation (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Let's beat him with 700 clubs

(URL) think the operative phrase in the piece is "prayer offensive." It certainly is in this case. As an interesting sidebar, and as a demonstration of his moral righteousness, Robertson is apparently a Charles Taylor All-Star: (URL) this we gather (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Core of weapons case crumbling

(...) He probably never even had those weapons. this war was total useless ness. i mean, are we any safer? no! if saddam had weapons we could just keep track of him. Now we havnt a CLUE who has the weapons if there were any at all!!! Gee, you know, (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) As usual, John -- not too much information, have you? We wouldn't want to sully your political perspective with anything like facts or meaningful conjecture... Something like $80 - $100 million were spent on the Clinton Whitewater and "Oval (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) The point is that there are actual links between the Saudi government and OBL. There are no such links between OBL and Saddam. (...) OK (URL) please read> (...) Well the mass media passed on the propaganda didn't they. They just happened to (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Look, I don't claim to understand everything that is going on in Saudi Arabia. Do they sponsor terrorism? Maybe, but then why is OBL persona non grata in the Kingdom? Perhaps the right sheik doesn't know what the left sheik is sponsoring. I (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) with those of its master. The 45 minute statement is a Blair thing: (URL) as noted earlier today. And as Kooties has noted elsewhere, the poodle and its master are meeting later in the week to get their mutual story straightened out and (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Here's a tidy compilation of most of my point: (URL) Dave! (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  The Economy, Stupid! (was Re: How many things etc)

(...) You're so cynical, Dave! Too bad it is not more contagious, it might keep more politicians on their toes. In theory, I'd like to see taxes so low that much of what we now have as part of local, state, and federal governments would be (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Well that's the first thing I have heard on the subject that makes any sense at all. (...) Personally I think the real reason the Democrats are always against tax cuts is so they can spend the money on their social engineering agenda rather (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Core of weapons case crumbling

<snip> And right from CNN-- (URL) think the intelligence I get is darn good intelligence, and the speeches I have given were backed by good intelligence," Bush said. " 'Cause as my wonderful PM would say, "The proof is in the proof. You know it's a (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Really? Pretty much every discussion about the economy that I hear gives Reagan all the credit for the mid/late 90's boom, while all the blame for the Dubya-era recession goes to Clinton. I would go so far as to say that, among conservative (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote: <snip> (...) K, I don't follow American issues *that* closely, but didn't Bush sr. talk about "VooDoo Economics", and wasn't the basis of "VooDoo economics" tax cuts for the rich, such that the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact