 Off-Topic / Debate / 21585
21584  |  21586
Subject:
All the fake news, all the time...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:09:15 GMT

NOW: In Depth Transcript -- Bill Moyers Interviews Jon Stewart

http://www.pbs.org/now/transcript/transcript_stewart.html

Stewart: Well, that’s interesting. Well, that’s a difference of opinion, and certainly that’s what this country is about. Differences of opinion. Mr. President, let me just get specific. Why are in Iraq? (sic)

Bush: We will be umm, changing the regime of Iraq for the good of the Iraqi people.

Stewart: Governor, then I’d like to hear your response on that.

Bush: If we’re an arrogant nation, they’ll resent us. I think one way for us to end up being viewed as the ugly American is to go around the world saying we do it this way, so should you.

There you have it: Shrub admitting the role of the “ugly american.”

-- Hop-Frog