 MediaWatch / 1641 (-20)
  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

Wait until this set comes out: (URL) No, that's not a spear, it's a walking stick. And that other one's holding a telescope. Johnathan (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO's Rescue... Interesting article in the Sunday Times (UK)

(...) SNIP (...) I absolutely agree. Up until a year ago I worked @ W*M for 2 yrs. I would never reccommend it to anyone. If the star were inverted, it would describe the true nature of 'the beast' better. The workers are great, but company policy (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) As I noted in a reply to Larry, I didn't really intend for this thread to turn into a debate, but then I also should have been more careful with my comments. That's what happens when I post early in the morning with my pouty-face, (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) My apologies. I think I may have inadvertently spun the thread into a debate mode. In all honesty, that wasn't my intention. I should have just posted the link and kept my comments to a minimum. Regards, Allan B. (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) Parts of this thread appear to be veering that way, yes.I probably should have set the FUT myself on my post way back up thread. I'll forcefut the thread or parts, if people ask me to offline. (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) No no no. According to Bricklink (URL) are clearly "handles". This is so your super-strong minifig can pick up the spaceship by the nose and put it away on the shelf. (...) Again, you are misconstruing. Both this and the Alpha-1 Rocket Base (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) That's for darned sure. Meanwhile, it's considered un-patriotic to criticize the actual violence inflicted upon innocent civilians overseas (well, "overseas" relative to the US, I mean). I had all kinds of toy guns and knives when I was a kid, (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) Let's hope one of those things is Canada's own MegaBloks! Personally, I'd like to see Lego produce tanks and battleships and fighter jets. People who are vehement enough to NOT buy violent toys are going to find violence everywhere. Knight's (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) When did this "huge step" take place? I've got a poor grasp of LEGO history, but if you want sets with slightly implicit violence, this "trend" has been going on for at least decades (western theme, with cowboys & indians, guns, bows and (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) Not to add fuel to the debate fires, but I would like to throw out one point in this discussion. Nothing like starting my return to posting after vacation with a debate! :) Many tend to confuse the terms/concepts of "violence" and "conflict". (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) I was flipping through a toy catalog the other day (Hearthsong, I think), and I came upon a page with some Bionicle sets. I was shocked to realize how out-of-place the Bionicle sets seemed. Very evil and ominous seeming. (...) That's true. But (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) Me too. My parents didn't let me watch them, believe it or not. I did anyway though. (...) No, they're certainly cartoonlike. (...) Or just the first time they were big enough for these guys to notice them. I share your feelings about these (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO sells "violent" toys?

I ashamed to say that this information came out of Canada: (URL) disrespect to Mr. Martens of Project Peacemakers, but I think there are so many worse things in the world to worry about. If Bionicles are violent, then I shudder to think what all (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO's Rescue... Interesting article in the Sunday Times (UK)

(...) a very sad state of affairs, to say the least. just walk down the isles of wal-mart, and notice what kind of toys get the most shelf space. last year, around chistmas, they had at least four whole isles, both sides, FULL of junk "made in (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO's Rescue... Interesting article in the Sunday Times (UK)

The Nov 14 Sunday Times features an interesting and fairly indepth article about the current situation within the LEGO company: (URL) article seems to go to great lengths to point out how bad things are at the moment. However, it also offers what I (...) (20 years ago, 14-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Billboard promotion!

Three of these (URL) just went up around the city to promote (one of) our current show(s), pretty cool, nay? Paul COLTC ps. More media exposure of COLTC here: (URL) (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.town, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  Re: LEGO at war in Iraq...

(...) ROTFLMAO! unfortunatly nope, wasn't me... I guess I shoulda thought of it? I dunno, I think I'm gonna sink into a deep dark age, this deployment is detaching my from Lego... Josh (8 or so miles outside of Fallujah...) (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO at war in Iraq...

(...) They are using Lego for the "large buildings" (I would assume that they are using various bricks for them and poker chips for the "small buildings". They are only using gravel for the roads. Ben Medinets (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO at war in Iraq...

(...) Hmmmm...I wonder if Josh Baakko has anything to do with that??(1) Julie (1)AFOL Marine who posted on BrickLink he was headed to Fallujah. (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO at war in Iraq...

(...) "Nov. 5: A legend for a city map of Fallujah, made out of gravels and Lego stones, is on display for training purpose at a base outside Fallujah." Makes you think they're using up those BURPs! :) -Patrick (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact