 Marketplace / Theory / 89
Re: Where have all the bidders gone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 16:43:24 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
The only way I'd use a web-based bidding interface (AucZILLA doesn't have
one yet, right?) is if it could show all my watched items on one form, and
I could mark all new bids in a single shot, then click "submit".  For parts
auctions, I will not work through a single form for each lot.  Too
time-consuming.

I really feel the same way about all online auctions.  My desired interface
will send me updates I can just glance at quickly.  It will also give me a
list of 'watched' items, allow me to enter new bids, and submit them all at
once.

BTW, I *hate* the accumulated delay imposed by every link clicked on web
pages.  One five-to-thirty second delay is no big deal.  But when they
start piling up, I get annoyed.

It doesn't help that most web-based 'interfaces' suck.

I TOTALLY agree.  In fact, once I learn more about Perl I will try
(and probably fail) to implement the type of multi-bidding interface.
I don't think it has already been done, but I will search the EA
forums and see.

Bidding on single items via the web can get a little old.  'Course,
with my new "super-sized" lots, that becomes a little less of an issue
- at least if you want all 50 of something you don't have to bid on 10
lots of 5.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide