 Marketplace / Theory / 78
Re: Where have all the bidders gone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 03:19:02 GMT

Bill Katz <billk@wald.wald-kramer.com> wrote:
Larry Pieniazek (lar@voyager.net) wrote:
: Put them on SeriousCollector would be my vote. I think the Demlow
: technology is last year's news. Too hard to use. People like web based
: stuff.

: That should NOT be taken as a slam of the work the Demlow brothers have
: put into it, or of your work, it's just that the times are changing, and
: it may not be worth putting the effort into making it easier to use.

: Heck, I even find AucZILLA a bit hard to use in terms of level of
: effort.

SO you really think web based auctioning is the way to go?  Hmmm.
As a bidder I like e-mail, because I like "push" delivery, especially
of outbid notices.  It's much easier to see your e-mail flag go
up than to remember to visit the appropriate web site.

EveryAuction notifies bidders by e-mail when they are outbid.  And
yeah, I think web-based is the way to go.  I know it is for me.

But then I know I'm weird, since I like things delivered in plain text.
<web pages created by... vi>

Well, I have to hack away at the script with vi, does that count?  :)

I looked at the everyauction source, and it looks pretty straightforward
to set up.  Does it automatically e-mail outbids and winning bid
notices?  (I know, RTFM...)

Sure does.  And there are a TON of add-ons to give it more
functionality.

I might give it a try.

I think you should.

Maybe everybody was just off at the beach over Memorial Day weekend,
and now wants to come back to Lego.

If not I'll take that 6067 off your hands.  :)

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide