 Marketplace / Theory / 64
Re: Where have all the bidders gone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 04:02:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Bill Katz writes:
I just launched an auction this week, and it appears all of the bidders
have left r.t.l. (and lugnet).  It took 3 days to get an opening bid
on a Guarded Inn, and I still have only 10 people watching, and half
of those are likely just to be watchers.  Has the traditional r.t.l.
auction become obsolete?
[...]
Excuse my ramblings, but I'd be interested in hearing others
thoughts on the matters.
[...]

Nah, I think it's just a slow time of the year for this sort of thing.

- It's the second half of the first month in which really, really nice weather
  has arrived (in most of the U.S., at least).
- This week and next week are popular weeks for vacations in the U.S., due to
  Memorial Day.
- Many people have just spent their monthly LEGO allowances on the new George
  Lucas movie and related LEGO toys.

So I'd say, give people a bit more time (like 2-3 more weeks) to recover from
Spring and Star Wars fever, and because of that, don't close the auction too
soon.

--Todd