 Marketplace / Theory / 67
Re: Where have all the bidders gone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 17:52:53 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
Put them on SeriousCollector would be my vote. I think the Demlow
technology is last year's news. Too hard to use. People like web based
stuff.

While eBay maximises exposure, SeriousCollector is just as easy to use
for a seller, I think, and is a much more worthy venue. It's run by one
of US, not some dotCom faceless  corporation, but is just as slick,
maybe a little slicker, even.

Not to take ANY credit for how EveryAuction works, because someone
else wrote it (http://www.everysoft.com/auction/) but it works just
about the same as eBay (with a couple of free add-ons) and it is
*free*.

Bill certainly has the know-how to get EA up and running.  Hell, if I
can do it anyone can.

I agree that e-mail based auctions are old news and too hard (and too
invonveninet) to use.

Don't get me wrong - SeriousCollector rocks, and as they gain more
audience, I will probably use them instead of eBay.  But I've made
more in the last week by running my own auctions on my OWN site using
EA and haven't had to pay a dime in commissions, and it's been every
bit as easy as using either eBay or SC.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide