 Marketplace / Theory / 97
Re: Where have all the bidders gone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 06:07:02 GMT

dkrenz wrote in message <376306A5.7B2B870@mc.net>...

John DiRienzo wrote:

   Another thing I thought of, is the lack of RTL auctions recently, and • the
overwhelming number of posts about those nefarious Star Wars Legos. • Perhaps
regular readers have gotten turned off of RTL for both reasons, and scan
eBay (which has been the best place to find stuff in recent months) • instead.
Hopefully those people will come back and begin participating in RTL
auctions (if anyone has the balls to hold more) again.  I must say I • enjoyed
those old style auctions - getting to know other Lego nuts.  A lot of • people
on eBay have no knowledge or fondness of Lego, they are just sellers, toy
dealers.  Not me or Mike Stanley though.

Ahem, ahem, me neither ;-)

   Since I have yet to see your auctions (thanks to the new and improved
eBay) can you forgive my oversight??

I've got 3 boys and myself who are very fond of Lego (and it  seems like my
knowledge increases daily).

  Like my father used to say, "I learn something new every couple of days."
Its hard not to.

Putting stuff up on eBay  as well as having occasional sales helps finance • our
habit.

   I know what you mean.

But, yeah, you're right, there are many auctions that the seller doesn't • seem to
have a clue as to what they are selling.
They don't know how  precious a possession they really have!
Julie

   Yep, Its just more fun buying from someone who can tell you interesting
things you don't know rather than people who don't know anything about what
they are selling.