 Marketplace / Theory / 84
Re: Where have all the bidders gone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:33:46 GMT

On Sat, 29 May 1999 17:38:58 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:

Heck, I even find AucZILLA a bit hard to use in terms of level of
effort.

Really?  I have just the opposite opinion.  I will use AucZILLA's web
interface to scan for pieces I'm interested in, but then I will use the
e-mail interface to watch & bid on those items.

The only way I'd use a web-based bidding interface (AucZILLA doesn't have
one yet, right?) is if it could show all my watched items on one form, and
I could mark all new bids in a single shot, then click "submit".  For parts
auctions, I will not work through a single form for each lot.  Too
time-consuming.

I really feel the same way about all online auctions.  My desired interface
will send me updates I can just glance at quickly.  It will also give me a
list of 'watched' items, allow me to enter new bids, and submit them all at
once.

BTW, I *hate* the accumulated delay imposed by every link clicked on web
pages.  One five-to-thirty second delay is no big deal.  But when they
start piling up, I get annoyed.

It doesn't help that most web-based 'interfaces' suck.

Steve