 Marketplace / Theory / 301
Re: Indranil
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 00:47:27 GMT

Indranil Basak wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
And nothing else. Your postings come from a hotmail account, I didn't
see a roll call entry and you haven't mentioned whether you have a
website.

I'm a person who enjoys legos just like everyone else on Lugnet. Just because
you haven't come across me in your lego dealings doesn't mean I don't exist.

I have no reason to think that you do not exist. and I don't think you
need to say who you are or give some background to participate here, if
you're talking about the brick. Everyone in the world can and should
enjoy our favorite toy.

But when you say things like this:

Is it selective amnesia?

and this:

This whole McDonald's Drive-thru Soap Opera seems to have you rattled a bit.

and this:

Avoid all the grand standing

and this:

All hyped up about nothing.

you're not talking about the brick. You're attacking me (1) and those of
us that think that eBay sellers perhaps should not have all the cards in
their hand or up their sleeve, that buyers deserve a few too. And I just
like to know what axes my attackers are planning to grind.

If you do a search for my name and ObQualifications, you'll find me
posting my particular qualifications or perspective at the start of a
pontificating run (so that the reader knows where I'm coming from) a
fair number of times. I have nothing to hide.

I think you need to give a little more qualification on what your angle
is than just a name. None of this thread is about the brick, really.
It's about eBay.

I repeat, I've run auctions in a number of places. I find auction theory
interesting and I like to discuss it. My reputation for honesty is
stellar, my ethics are on the table to be examined and have indeed been
more closely examined by all and sundry over off-topic.debate than
anyone else here, I dare say. I welcome feedback on how to better
accomplish what I am setting out to do on eBay, and I welcome open
debate on whether it's a good idea or not...

oh, and I've made a few minor contributions to the community over the
years, I think.

While you, you're a cipher who is taking potshots. At least that's my
perception.
Now, don't think you've "rattled" me. I don't rattle. I just like to be
precise.

So, who are you? Have you sold stuff on eBay? Have you bought stuff? Are
you one of the people we've annoyed? What IS your angle? Stop avoiding
the question or stop participating. (2)

1 - or maybe you're not attacking ME, per se, you're just taking cheap
shots at a target of opportunity. When one has a swelled head as large
as mine, it's a big target. :-)

2 - I can't stop you from posting but I can disregard your input. If you
just want to take cheap shots that may not bother you much but if you
are actually trying to say something, come out and say it. You'll never
effect a change in my behaviour if you can't convince me to change it,
and you can't convince me unless you have standing. I've got standing.
Do you?