 Marketplace / Theory / 300
Re: Indranil
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 22:19:40 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
And nothing else. Your postings come from a hotmail account, I didn't
see a roll call entry and you haven't mentioned whether you have a
website.

I'm a person who enjoys legos just like everyone else on Lugnet. Just because
you haven't come across me in your lego dealings doesn't mean I don't exist.
Are you saying that if I had anything other than a hotmail account you would
have more information about me?

Whereas I am rather well known in the community and a lot of info about
me is available if you peruse "me" on eBay, my site, etc. My sense is
that you do have some agenda here which you are not revealing. I infer
that by your tone, which I am not alone in noticing.  But I could be
wrong. Tell us a little more about yourself, if you would. What's your
favorite theme? How long have you been a hobbyist? Stuff like that.

I don't think I need a web site or public fact sheet about myself to enjoy
legos. Anyway, my favorite theme is trains.

Are you asking the difference between a readily available current set
still in production and a rare, highly prized set that happens to have
had a few hundred copies suddenly come  available through a fortuitous
stroke of luck? I think the difference there is clear. Or are you asking
something else? Again, say what you really mean, if you would.

Whatever the set, there is no difference in hoarding the particular set and
asking a premium price for it. The rarity of a set is all relative to your
location, knowledge, and financial means.

I think that's a great idea. I will try to scan one this weekend, as I
am on the road all week. Or if someone has a scan of one of the current
covers they can mail me, I will try to put together a listing before
that.

Thanks.

Anyone who wants to suggest a wording that conveys the information that
the catalog is a good resource for "hard to find" sets, without crossing
the line (still unclear to me) that Gunther of eBay refers to, would
have my gratitude.