 Marketplace / Theory / 293
Re: Indranil
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:12:32 GMT

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999 10:40:27 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:

Anyone who wants to suggest a wording that conveys the information that
the catalog is a good resource for "hard to find" sets, without crossing
the line (still unclear to me) that Gunther of eBay refers to, would
have my gratitude.

How about "Excellent price guide for recent LEGO sets.  Invaluable for
serious LEGO collectors in the US.  Saves you from getting scammed by eBay
rip-off artists^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpower sellers."

Seriously, there are plenty of items posted on eBay which help buyers:
software, price guides, etc.  As long as you aren't providing specific
information about specific items, you should be OK.

Even better, if you offer old catalogs for auction, you can throw in
something like "Current catalogs are free (just call Shop-At-Home at
1-800-453-4652 and ask for one), but you can't get these out-of-print
catalogs anywhere."

With an out-of-print catalog, you have a legitimate claim that it is a
valid item for auctioning.

Steve