 Marketplace / Theory / 292
Re: Indranil
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:14:34 GMT

David Wiggins wrote:

Mike Stanley wrote:

Looks like Mr. 6420-rip-off got mad at me leaving feedback for him.
He request my user info (which I discovered is quite a bit out of
date) and responded to my comment noting how little business I had
done on eBay.  Guess if you don't buy and sell a lot there you can't
recognize a rip-off artist when you see one.

And now, when I go to look at his feedback, it isn't listing
specific comments anymore.  Wonder why? :)

Hmm. same guy that i posted feedback on for the mcdonalds set. has he
called you threatening a slander suit yet? i think its time to contact
ebay and get his "power seller" status withdrawn for being sleazy.

Emailed to "riffco" from ebay, cc'd to powersellersinfo@ebay.com :

to: *suppressed*
subject: lego, revisited

holy c****t! (blasphemy, for the believers)

i thought your sleaziness was limited to the mcdonalds sets. a
friend just alerted me to your selling a mail carrier for 4x
full retail. why did you hide your feedback? wouldn't it be
easier to just stop doing things that might prompt self righteous
pricks like me from posting neutral feedback exposing you for the
fraud you are? also, isn't part of being a power seller giving
"assurance that merchandise is accurately represented in an item
description." That's a direct quote from the ebay power seller FAQ.

-dave

ps - how's the slander suit coming? i have documentation from lego,
on letterhead, backing up my comments. what do you have?

to ebay -

i think that power sellers should be required to have their feed-
back public. the ability to respond to feedback is fine, as sellers
should be able to respond, but having it hidden gives the seller an
informational advantage over bidders, and that situation is
ultimately bad for bidders. if bidders figure that out, they might
stop using ebay. just a thought.

--end email to scammer--

Maybe I'm taking this too far, but I'm self employed and I have the
time. Of course, I'm looking for a new job because I have discovered I
don't like being self employed as much as I like regular paychecks, not
having to deal with the IRS more than once a year, not having to deal
with other random state bureaucracies, etc.

-dave