 Marketplace / Theory / 284
Re: Indranil
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 12:53:36 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Anyone who wants to suggest a wording that conveys the information that
the catalog is a good resource for "hard to find" sets, without crossing
the line (still unclear to me) that Gunther of eBay refers to, would
have my gratitude.

How about something like:

This catalog lists many of the hard to find LEGO sets which can be
shipped anywheres in the US.

You are doing nothing but describing exactly what the catalog is. Now it
may be against eBay rules to sell catalogs, so perhaps a better way
would be to sell an older one (which you can legitimately claim is
collectible, people do collect them - not sure how to word that one
fairly).

Of course you'll still piss off the opportunists, and since some of them
are bigger customers of eBay, they may still slam you (but then unless
they show you a specific clause in their TOS which prevents your auction
as opposed to just suggesting that it is bid siphoning, you would have
legitimate cause to write letters to the editor etc. about eBay coming
down on the small seller just because they are competing with the big
sellers).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com