 Marketplace / Theory / 1562
Re: Next year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:09:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Kevin Wilson writes:
Kevin Zwicker wrote:

Interesting... the toy guy in our local Zellers (not the Lego rep, the
store employee) told me that TLC really loves it when they have a sale
on Lego because the store takes the hit, they still pay TLC the same
price for the sets. Maybe it's different in different places (I'm in
Canada).

This squares with my experience (which is mostly on the back end, not the
retail floor per se). Unless a manufacturer gives out some sort of special
promotion, inventory costs what it costs. It's up to the store how much or
little to charge.

++Lar