 Marketplace / Theory / 1557
Re: Next year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:27:18 GMT

Kevin Zwicker wrote:
Sorry about replying to my own post, but I remembered something else that the
rep told me. TLC gives stores permission to put their products on sale. It
seems that when store discounts or deep-discounts our favorite toy, TLC takes
the hit profit-wise. In other words, the store keeps its regular profit margin
and Lego absorbs the loss.

Interesting... the toy guy in our local Zellers (not the Lego rep, the
store employee) told me that TLC really loves it when they have a sale
on Lego because the store takes the hit, they still pay TLC the same
price for the sets. Maybe it's different in different places (I'm in
Canada).

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
Open Air Market: Limited edition kit