 General / 22013
Re: Next year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:40:03 GMT

Arctic seems to be a big flop. They haven't sold
much (Look forward to great sets on discount!).

I doubt I would buy any more of these unless it was a pretty heavy discount.
On the whole, I think the Arctic sets were pretty terrible.  There are a few
nice parts, but the lever of Juniorization is overwhelming.  Unimaginative
set designs as well, tons of vehicles, one base, can't they be more creative
than this?  How about a dog sled team, or a plane with skis?  Hello?!

I have built a dog sled for Arctic.  Here is how I made the dog-

Body is a 2x3 grey brick.  Hind legs are a 2x1 white brick.  Front legs are a
2x2 white inverted roof brick.  Chest is another 2x1 white brick, in front of
the grey 2x3.  They are joined at the top by a 2x2 grey plate.  On either end
of the dog, there is a 2x1 grey plate with a centre stud.  The head is a 1x2
grey plate with a 1x2 grey roof brick on top.  The point is the dog's nose.
The tail is one of those nice curving slopes, which looks like the tail of a
sled dog.  I hope you could follow all of that.  The dog is five studs long,
and 2.3 studs at the shoulder.  He is pulling a small sled with a barrel and an
antenna on it.