 Marketplace / Theory / 1555
Re: Next year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:09:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Zwicker writes:
<snip>

Hello again,

Sorry about replying to my own post, but I remembered something else that the
rep told me. TLC gives stores permission to put their products on sale. It
seems that when store discounts or deep-discounts our favorite toy, TLC takes
the hit profit-wise. In other words, the store keeps its regular profit margin
and Lego absorbs the loss.

OK I have a question because something in this does not make sense to me.

When does TLC give persmission to put thier products on sale?  Do they just
give blanket permission (Unlikely but I could be wrong) or do they give
permission to put item 7110 on sale and also tell them the sale price.  If the
latter is true I can understand TLC taking the hit but if the former is true I
doubt very much that TLC takes much of the hit.

I also find it hard to believe that TLC will take the hit for say a K-mart BOGO
sale on the entire LEGO line that just doesn't make sense to me but IANAR (I am
not a retailer) so I don't know how these types of deals are worked out.

If anyone can give me some insight into how these deals are arranged I would
appretiate it.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/