 General / 22030
Re: Next year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:13:05 GMT

"Mark D. McKean" wrote:

In article <G0stHG.L1t@lugnet.com>, "Kyle Henneberque"
<kaaskop15@hotmail.com> wrote:

I believe the last time there was a library was in 19- oh wait, they
never have.  So, are you trying to say that a real town isn't chock
full of rescue and construction things while being totally devoid of
any houses or retail stores?

As much as I like the idea of a LEGO library, I doubt that they'll ever
release anything like that (or stores or museums or other sedate
structures) outside of Belville. Rescue units and construction units are
exciting to pre-pubescent boys and offer opportunities for exciting play
value. Libraries and stores are only good for AFOLs.

Not really - if they want to make inroads to female sales, they need more
buildings.  Girls tend to gravitate towards building more permanent
structures (just read through all the posts here on Lugnet, you'll see it's
basically true).