 Marketplace / Shopping / 9779
  Construction toys non-returnable?!

Hey Y'all: Twice in as many months I have purchased sets at Wal-mart and TRU that had been opened and retaped at the stores. One sees that the item has been opened, but if it's the last item of it's kind one might be persuaded to purchase it anyway (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) Return Lego??? ;) -R (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) Maybe TRU got tired of getting returned Slave Is which had the Boba Fett minifig removed? Maybe they got tired of folks returning Target clearance items. I can see a store not accepting returns of an opened construction toy. There is no way (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) Hmmmph. My Slave I had the "sub-bag" missing *from inside bag 4*! (And it was factory sealed.) Looks like another packing machine had a bad day 8?( No grief about returning it tho 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) Well, today at Wal-mart the issue was the return of an MB Blok Bots Spy set. This is a $13 item that was missing parts -- I can't imagine why they had to give me grief about it. You'd be surprised how often MB sets are gone through for certain (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) Say Richard, Aren't you the guy that opens the 3-packs of underwear in the store, switch them so that your selected pack contains only black underwear, place the unwanted colors in the remaining packages and then buy the black 'uns????? This (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) Patient: Doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I lift my are like this. Doctor: Then don't lift your arm like that. Hop-Frog, Right or wrong, I suggest you do not buy non-MISB sets that are at full retail, or ask that you can inspect the contents at (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) Well, of course. But the blanket policy at Wal-mart may effect other kinds of returns as well. And TLC quality control is way down in my estimation -- how happy would you be to not have an entire bag of stuff that was supposed to be in an MISB (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) Yeah, that is weird that you remember that... I still can't figure out the hubbub over that one -- the packs are all random colors anyway, and I am not damaging or stealing anything. Everything remains in perfectly sellable condition and none (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) It is only once in a blue moon that WalMart provides me with a reason to shop for toys there. But I've never had _any_ problem returning anything with or without a receipt at WM. Same is true for Target. TRU is harder to work with, wildly (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) Of course the free marketer in me would point out that poor customer service is in part the price we are paying for prefering discount superbox stores over more expensive smaller specialized stores where the staff treats you as a human. We are (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) Easier solution, Richard - fly to England and buy underwear at Debenham's - they have 3-packs of just black & dark grey for the Gen-X/Gen-Y crowd. if you want, I'll get you some packs next time I'm over there on vacation. Paul Sinasohn (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) TRU claims that they can return 'opened' sets to Lego for full credit. I wonder if that is true. Paul SInasohn (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

Well, first let me say that I agree with you. I think the store should accept it back if it was defective in any way. That said, I have somewhat of an explanation of these policies (misguided as they are). I was in my local TRU a year or so ago, and (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

"Paul Sinasohn" <singlow2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H1B362.47A@lugnet.com... (...) It is my *impression* from various talks I have had that this indeed WAS the case, but that it is no longer the case. Hence the abundance of "damaged" sets at (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) Yes and no... a place that I frequent now and then (independent & not part of any chain) is getting large quantities of 'damaged and returned' merchandise from various large retailers (e.g. Target, WM, KM, Sears, etc). I have obtained various (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

We've been down this road before, and I can see almost everyone's viewpoint. Which is the best solution is hard to say. However, to protect yourself, you should always ask (1) if you can open the box in the store to inspect the contents (some (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) Actually, this is the part that puzzles me... Both Wal-mart and TRU have lenient return policies posted in the store in the Customer Service dept. I have yet to look into this from a legal standpoint, but I assume they must adhere to their (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) I think the image in my mind went something like this, "Marchetti, Hop-Frog, Black Undies..." That is a picture no one is likely to forget. Ribbit! So I suppose your case is the truest of the "it's not easy being green" cases. Hmm? (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) I think they just wanted to make quite sure that you were not getting heads for free. Or something like that... -Aaron- (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

Doesn't LEGO have a number to call if you're missing pieces? Though, I called it about my original Mindstorms set and have never received those straight axle connectors that they promised to send me... (...) Lightfoot Jonathan M Johnson (URL) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction toys non-returnable?!

(...) About a month ago, I purchased a 7163 Gunship at a TRU in Douglaston, NY. It was on clearance (red-stickered) because it had been opened and re-taped shut. They wanted $49.99 for it. I asked if I could open it to verify how complete it was. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)