 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14276
Re: New LUGNET t-shirts at BrickFest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 00:03:01 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Thomas Stangl writes:

I appreciate her work on this
[snip]

I may have a solution that would work for polo shirts *and many other
products*.  Have created, in several sizes (small - about
1.5" in height, large 2.5-3, and maybe a medium between).

Patches can easily be ordered by you, and at a relatively low cost if you order
a decent amount.  If the initial order cost will be high, take preorders (I'd
gladly plunk down a preorder for 6 or more in various sizes).  People can then
sew the patches on Tshirts, Polos, dress shirts, jackets, caps, backpacks, you
name it.

BayLTC is having some patches made so that members can find a shirt THEY like
and sew them on for train shows.   I believe this works better than getting the
logo directly embroidered onto a shirt, as getting a group to agree on a
specific shirt is difficult.  Also, embroidery, even when done correctly, is
often "itchy" - the backing for the embroidery has "hard spots" that drive me
NUTS.  An embroidered patch rarely has the problem, as the only thing
contacting your skin is the thread fastening it to the shirt.  And if you get a
shirt with a breast pocket and sew it to the pocket (rather than the
more-common embroidering it ABOVE the pocket), you don't even have that thread
to worry about.

If many different groups (LTCs, LUGS, Bricklink, etc) each had a patch made,
people could then collect patches.

I have 3 Lego backpacks (from my 3 Lego luggage sets) that are just waiting for
various patches to be sewn on - a Lugnet patch would be the most desired for
the backpack I used on my LLC trips ;-)  A hat could use a small patch, but the
backpack is begging for a large one, even up to 6" high.

[snip]

I think  Lugnet logo PATCHES are a great idea.  I would be interested in a
couple.

At some point in the future, you may want to consider a small enamel pin too.
[certainly easier than t-shirts to carry around at an event :-) ,easy to mail.]
The Pin Peddlers does very nice custom pin work.  It is used by many Quilt
Guilds, mine included.
http://www.pinpeddlers.com/quiltpins/
custom info
http://www.pinpeddlers.com/custom.htm

Also, maybe the LUGs and LTC or someone in each could help in distribution
of Lugnet promo/fundraisng products for their geographic area.  [no, i am
not volunteering ;-) ]  Sending out multiple large orders to various groups
in various countries  over a limited time period should be less involved and
consume less time than sending out a gazillion individual orders than
dribble in one by one...

sheree