 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14269
Re: New LUGNET t-shirts at BrickFest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:57:31 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Thomas Stangl writes:
Yeah, I like the IDEA of it, but I don't like the idea of only selling it at
Brickfest :-/

Suzanne is looking for help from people who are interested in helping out
with T-shirts, if you have ideas.  A couple of additional things to keep in
mind here --

First, these shirts were printed locally and not through a mail-order place
like CafePress.  Physically filling orders and shipping is time-consuming, so
a common meeting place like BrickFest is a perfect venue.  The way I look at
it, it's better to have them at BrickFest than not at all.  This is a great
step forward.  Maybe it will open doors to other, better, options.

Second, this is a small T-shirt run.  Bigger runs cost a lot more up-front,
and even small ones are costly.  So Suzanne isn't trying to do everything
at once.  This small run tests the waters for black and tan shirts, as well
as does something nice for people attending BrickFest...that's a large part
of the motivation.

Some of us can't afford both Brickfest and Brickswest.

OK, but, what if shirts like these were also sold at BricksWest?

Alternatively, maybe someone in your area is travelling to BrickFest and
could pick one up for you.  Or there might even be someone in some random
location who's willing to buy one for you and ship it to you.

Anyway, I hope everyone can appreciate the amount of work that Suzanne has
done and is continuing to do to get ready for BrickFest.  I don't know how
she does it!  I can hardly contain my excitement, from what I've heard so
far.  Keep your ears open this weekend -- then take a moment to imagine the
amount of work and thought she has put into things.

--Todd