 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14272
Re: New LUGNET t-shirts at BrickFest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:50:01 GMT

Suz,

Don't "ruin" your BF experience by sitting at a table for even 2 days.  Spend
ONE day at most at a table.  After that, carry a backpack with as many shirts
as possible in it, and replenish as needed.

I'm sure people will find you if they want a shirt ;-)

Who knows, you may not even need to be at a table for a full day before selling
out anyways.

Since I have no contacts going to BF, I am making an open appeal - I would
REALLY like an XXL or XXXL black shirt (I can take XL if necessary, but really
prefer XXL or larger, I like my shirts loose).  I'd REALLY like 2, but if they
are going to sell out quickly, it wouldn't be fair to ask for 2.

Can anyone pick up a shirt for me at cost and mail it to me?  I can PayPal
funds before or after (though after would make more sense, in case you can't
get one).  If you only have a Premier PayPal account, I will gladly pay the
PayPal fees on the transaction.

If someone can get one for me, please Reply To All, so that if more than one
person replies, we can make sure that only one person is buying one for me, so
that I don't get more shirts "than I should".

I think the above still meets Suz's rule of "Don't buy a *bunch* of shirts to
redistribute.", but if it doesn't, Suz, please say so, thanks.

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Hmm.. I'm not upset by your reactions here, but I am caught a little • off-guard.

I just want to say that, it was a lot of work for me to get this together. And
I did it specifically as something special for BrickFest attendees. As my
announcement was really meant for the BF folks, I wanted to post it only in
that group, but it's a commercial post - which I pretty much forgot until • after
writing it. Just before posting, I was like, "Oh! duh." But I probably should
have remained silent instead of re-addressing it.

I'm sorry if my post made people think I was rubbing unfairness in their face
(so to speak) by announcing my selling so few and only at the event. Honestly,
a need to think of 'fairness' hadn't even crossed my mind. I just figured that
at some later date there would be more (other) shirts available, somehow or
another. But I didn't want people to think there were like 1,000 shirts back • at
HQ and BF sales were just the beginning.

I went into this project with no plan of how to evenly scatter the shirts'
availability, nor to give preference to one group of marked-as-more-deserved
people over another.

Really I was just hoping they'd all sell so that I could pay back the money I
borrowed to get them made. And I wished you all would be pleased with them.
(and I thought it'd be cool if they all sold in the first day or two, so I
wouldn't be stuck sitting at a table through events.)

For me to now come up with say, a way of checking identities for who is or
isn't a LUGNET member, or tracking how many shirts this or that person bought,
in an attempt to make things "more fair" for you guys, (honestly) just sounds
like a hassle I don't want this weekend. sorry.

So, I'm leaving it up to YOU folks to be "fair" to each other.

My suggestions:
- Don't buy more than one shirt for yourself.
- Don't buy any shirts unless you really want one.
- Don't buy a bunch of shirts to redistribute.

And be nice. and have fun.

thank you

-Suz

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, John Barnes writes:
Why so few! :(

Glad I am going to be there Friday, 'cos the Saturday and Sunday crowd will
get slim pickin's.

Any advantage being a lugnet member, or is it a free for all?

JB

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
After a long period of unavailability..

** LUGNET logo t-shirts are back! **
A limited run will be offered for sale at BrickFest. And this time - by
popular demand - the shirts are black! Todd and I will set up with 100 black
shirts and about 50 that are of a color called 'Pebble' which is kinda like
tan. All are Hanes Beefy-Tees, 100-percent cotton and will be available in
sizes M-3X, with majority being XL. Prics haven't been set yet. A few shirts
will be put aside for prize nights. :-)

** When these are gone, they're gone! **