 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14253
Re: New LUGNET t-shirts at BrickFest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:32:46 GMT

Suz,

Have you tried Land's End corporate sales?  They can do embroidered Logos,
they do collared and other types of shirts, and multiple color shirts are
available.  There is a one time setup charge for the logo design.  I
definitely think a few members wouldn't mind pitching you a few dollars
(literally a few dollars) to contribute to the setup charge so you wouldn't
have to foot the cost yourself.   From there, Land's End handles everything
else.  I know that a collared shirt with a small Lugnet logo on the front
breast area would look really cool...I'd be prone to buy a few..

Granted, I don't think there's much of a profit doing it that way, and I
don't know how well things would work with that, but just throwing ideas out
to see where they go...you could get the Lugnet word out with little effort
on your end.

Scott Lyttle
See ya at Brickfest!

Wow, I didn't know there was so much interest. And I didn't mean to say that
LUGNET would never, ever sell shirts. Just not at this point in time, due to my
having so many other responsibilities.

Help with shirts is on my list of needs, just not with high priority:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/helpwanted
I was thinking that perhaps a member of the community with access to facilities
could inexpensively produce shirts and then distribute them too, splitting
profits with LUGNET. It'd be some work for us up front to okay shirt quality,
iron out details, etc. But I have received offers of printing help from people
over the years, and could contact them again. see what they say.

Another option is to use cafepress, but as mentioned, they have only white, are
expensive, and we're having trouble matching colors.

The option of making more shirts like the black ones at BF, and my shipping
them out, isn't great because they were also very expensive shirts.

There are other options, of course, and I'll definitely give this all some more
thought! Meanwhile we'll see how it goes with this batch. The printing was a
real experiment.

comments/suggestions welcome.

-Suz